[NUS Module Review] CFG1010: Roots and Wings

CFG1010: Roots & Wings
(INTRODUCTION)
Okay... Honestly, this is gonna be one of the shortest blogs for my NUS Modules Review compilation, simply because there isn't much to talk about this unless you really wanna find out what CFG1010 is all about. I can sum up CFG1010 in 6 words: "Helping your career and your life." It focuses on your decision-making in certain situations like work and studies, and some techniques you can use to study better and work better. Pretty simple and straightforward, and the fact that it is only 2MC and a CS/CU module just says it all.



(MY EXPECTATIONS)
Like GER1000 and possibly GEQ1000 in my future blogs, I have no expectations. Because honestly, I have no idea what this module actually brings or how it can benefit me in my life. Furthermore, since it was somewhat (Keyword here is "Somewhat", shall not specify any further because it can sound politically incorrect so read between the lines) compulsory, I just did what I have to do.

(SCHEDULE)
Again, since this is a 2MC module, there isn't anything daunting about the schedule. There are NO TUTORIAL SLOTS. YAYYYY!
There are only 2 lectures throughout the entire semester, two hours each; one in week 1-3 and the other in week 11-13. These lectures are nothing more than talking to people attending the same lecture slots as you, as well as doing some hands-on stuff. These 2 lectures are COMPULSORY! Failure to attend both lectures will cause you to fail the module. So... Just don't skip.

(PASSING THE ASSESSMENT)
Since this is a CS/CU module, there isn't much to worry about percentages and marks. Attending those 2 lectures is half the battle won already.
There will be some assignments that need to be done from time to time. It's not difficult at all, maybe more time consuming than difficult. Just use these assignments as relaxation to get your mind away from all those difficult assignments from other modules.


(EXPERIENCE AND FINAL GRADING)
No experience here lmao. I just did what I had to do, including all the assignments. I attended all lectures so I know I was kinda safe. There were some useful things taught like the 10-10-10 technique/method or whatever you wanna call it. It's like if you face a problem and that problem does not affect you 10 minutes from now, ask yourself if it affects you 10 hours from now. If it does not, then ask yourself if it affects you 10 days from now. If it again does not affect you, you shouldn't worry about it. Geddit? No? It sounds way better in my head. 

(CONCLUSION AND TIPS)
It's an easy module and for 2MC, I would say just go for it. The workload isn't much anyway, so I don't see the harm in just doing it. 


Ratings out of 5⭐:


  • Rigor - ⭐
  • Degree of doability - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Bell Curve (to favour you) - ⭐⭐⭐⭐







Comments