A Page Of Me: Top 5 Online Dating First Date Experiences

Top 5 Online Dating First Date Experiences

Welcome to a brand new series called "A Page Of Me", where I will be talking about significant events of my life and hopefully you readers will laugh, empathize or even learn a thing or two from it.

Finallyyyyy, it's a post that isn't module related!!!!

How happy you guys must feel... But seriously, even if you're hoping for more module reviews, I can't post them at this time, simply because I'm only entering my second year in Uni. So the next module post will be around December/January.

Meanwhile, I'll be posting stuff about myself, hot topics, controversies, self-help topics, facts... Anything actually. So if you have a topic that you want me to write, feel free to email, comment or slide into one of my social media dms and tell me what you wanna see in my blog.

So today's topic will be my top 5 best first dates from social media. Yes, dates from Tinder, Okc... etc. I do not take part in any social dating sites these days but 2 years ago, back when Tinder and Okc were still relevant and not some "I'm forced to download by my friend" or "Here for the lols" playground, I was very active and shit was seriously going on.

With that said, why top 5?

Why not top 10 or top 20? Well, the answer to that is pretty simple...

I only met 5 people online. Lol, loser much.

So this isn't really a top 5 but rather ranking the 5 dates I had from best to worst.

In all honesty, these dates were interesting in one way or another and I appreciate my time with them. It was seriously an eye-opener to see 5 different girls with very different backgrounds and attitudes. Of course, I won't reveal their names but if you know who they are, well... Good for you! Try not to reveal them for privacy sake.

Well, here it goes! (Starting from worst [Number 5] and ending with the best [Number 1])

Number 5: Ms A
When I first talked to her online, she really gave off a confident persona who knows her shit inside out. She was way smarter than me and already had a goal in her life, perhaps a little too confident for my liking, and she eventually appeared more arrogant than confident. Again, entirely my opinion.

At first, it was really nice talking to her. She replied to most of my messages almost immediately and even programmed a morning text to be sent to me because she could not wake up early (Really sweet).


From the get-go, she started talking about how she was going to top her cohort...COHORT for A-levels and one day become the CEO of A-Star. Okay... Really ambitious and a girl with a goal in mind. A really good catch indeed. Plus if she becomes the CEO, I could just raise 2 dogs at home all day without working. I'm gonna have a good life! I'll be living a woman's dream in a man's body.

But as the day of our first meet loomed closer, she started talking about how she could easily speak different dialects and win over my parents easily. Trust me, honey... It's not easy. Besides, you haven't won over me so don't jump the gun dude. I could understand your excitement to make a very good first impression but chill, its way too early to give a call on anything. Nonetheless, it was a small issue and I didn't really pay much attention to it.

Finally, we met up on a day when I took off from my office. I could tell easily that she was trying really hard to impress me on the first date. This is because the makeup she used was exceptionally heavy. Though most girls I talk to would know that I like girls better without makeup and I still stand by it, I kinda give her props for taking the effort to do so. Anyways, we were supposed to go sightseeing at some place but it was raining that day. So she suggested coming to my house, after all, she could get a chance to meet my parents.


When we got to my house, only my maid was in at that time. So we stayed in the living room to play PS4, and I guess this was the point which led to the downfall of the date. She took over my whole entire house and made it her own in a way that she didn't respect my privacy. Imagine if I were to come to your house for the first time and lied down fully on your sofa. You wouldn't like it, do you? Yeah, she did that right after she asked me if she could sit on the sofa. But since it's only our first date and just for formality sake and understanding each other's character, I didn't really tell her off, though I felt I should.


Either way, we said our goodbyes after a few hours. She never got to see my parents that day and that was the first and last time that we ever met. It didn't take too long before we stopped talking too.


So lesson to learn: Always respect people's privacy no matter how big or how small, especially when you're in their homes. Tread waters before diving into them so quickly.


Number 4: Ms J
If I could name the most boring date out of the 5 dates here, this would be it. The only reason why she is better than Ms A is because Ms J respected privacy.

Don't get me wrong, Ms J is a great girl and really friendly too. To me, she was like the girl-next-door and it's a girl that you can really call a true friend.

So we started off pretty slow in texting. I guess she is pretty introverted...Okay very introverted. But I am an introvert as well so it's really hard to start the conversation running with a bang. Nonetheless, we still managed to have something to talk about and eventually we agreed to meet.

I was really shocked when I met her, to say the least. Because she was shorter than what I pictured her to be and looked pretty different too. But have to give her props to the way she dressed because it was something proper and unique. Short people are adorable too so I thought it was fine anyways.

What really threw me off was the fact that in the first 1 hour, she didn't utter a word other than "Hi" or "I don't know" or "yeah". It was truly me trying to create topic after topic to talk about to keep things less awkward than it really was. It was only until we ate half of our meal that she started opening up more and creating topics of her own. Thank God for that. I was literally running out of things to say.

Of course, the date ended normally. I felt that the date was rather okay but was really dampened by how much work I had to put in to make it less awkward. I gave her the benefit of the doubt that the first date awkwardness was due to nerves and it's natural to have them. I do have nerves too, perhaps even more than her, but I would usually try to take the lead and keep the conversation going.

Anyways, we decided to meet for the second time two weeks later. However, the plan fell through and we did not meet or contact each other again.

So lesson to learn: It's okay to have nerves but when dating someone, especially online dating, but at least try to be an open book and keep the conversation going. That's the best way to know someone more and make the date really fun!

Number 3: Ms C
Ms C is really a class of her own for perhaps a mixture of all the right and wrong reasons. Some of you would know Ms C and you would know all the shit that went down. But we shall leave that part for another day.

I knew Ms C from Okc. In fact, she was one of the first girls who I ever talked to on Okc and the very first girl I met from online. She was really nice, witty and had a very outgoing persona, a side that most girls tend not to reveal several years ago. So it was a breath of fresh air to know her. Sometimes, I did feel that she was really outgoing for her age but I didn't want to come off as really pushy and asked further. After all, I didn't meet her yet at that point in time.

Eventually, we met up at Fernvale mall (*Hint Hint*). It was literally the first time that I took trains from 4 different lines (green, circle, purple and LRT) and it was quite late when I finally got there. But I was kinda excited. I'm not sure if it was the excitement of meeting her or because we were gonna watch "Marvel: Ant-man". Either way, I was really excited.

When I finally got to meet her, she literally just refused to look me in the eye and talk to me. Every time I tried to talk to her or call her name, she would just walk away. Strange right? For a person who seemed so outgoing in texts was actually so shy in person. This is why we should never judge a person too quickly. It felt really weird an I bet half the guys would probably think like "WTF is this?" and just leave in an instant. 
But I wasn't the kind of person to walk away, so I tried to keep cool and tried to keep her cool.

Anyways, she took about a while to really cool down and finally talk to me. We went into the movies and aside from the great movie, she was a great companion to go out with. She was not arrogant nor was she such a brick wall that I literally wanted to pull out my hair to talk to. Okay, yes she did start off like a brick wall but you could just tell that she would be fine after awhile. After the movies, we ended off with a hug and we parted ways.

Did we ever meet again? Yeah, we certainly did, and let's just say that she eventually became my very first girlfriend. But it wasn't too long that I discovered that the person I thought I knew became one of the people who I could never ever forget for all the wrong reasons. But let's save this story for another day. Trust me, its gonna get real nasty.

Number 2: Ms K
I should really say that the first dates with Ms A, Ms J and Ms C were pretty much in a league of their own. Ms K really sets the bar up there in terms of dating; casual, easy-going and keeping it real.

I met Ms K on Tinder. She was really depressed about something at that time but she didn't really tell me much about it. While I, on the other hand, was getting over my ex, Ms C at that time. So we chatted a lot about our past, what we like and what we wanna do for the first time we meet. And talking to her was really effortless. For once, I didn't have to try so hard to keep the conversation going.
Luckily our convo wasn't like the picture above... That's just sad.

Eventually, we met for a meal and a movie. Surprisingly, it felt so effortless for her to carry a conversation, which caught me by surprise seeing the other girls I've met before. It's like I've known her for a long time. And throughout dinner, conversations just kept on flying out and...oh man, it was lovely. After which, we went to watch a movie (horror I think) and we ended the day well. It was a simple date with quality in it.

If I were to give a rating for this date, it had to be at least a 7.5/10 or even higher. The previous 3 girls barely made it past a 4/10. Sadly, it was the only time we met because we felt that given both our situations, it wasn't the right time to take the next step in life.

However, I would like to say this. Ms K, if you are reading this, I really think that you would make a fantastic girl for someone out there and I hope that you are doing fine now. What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger and I hope that you will use that to propel yourself forward to something greater!

Number 1: Ms RT
Most of you readers would probably not know who Ms RT is. In fact, the people who know who Ms RT really is and how we first met are probably only me, Ms RT herself, and my close brothers who promised never to reveal the details about this.

We met at a time when everything was getting quite horrible for the both of us. I was still making a commitment not to contact Ms C ever again and she had her own personal issues.

And when we first talked to each other, it felt like I'm talking to a doppelgänger. She felt like an exact replica of me. Not only do we have similar interest but we have similar issues too. And all of a sudden, I kept thinking to myself "where have you been all my life?" 

And to be honest with you, it was really by pure luck/fate/coincidence that we even talked to each other in the first place. You know how dating apps could be like; girls get tons of messages while guys get barely any. Lemme know if you're like this too and let's feel the pain together.
So I was really happy and shell-shocked that I ended up being able to talk to her. Looking back, it held a really special feeling to know that you were one of the only ones out of the many people that a girl would talk to. I treat that as a big thing and I will always do.

Nonetheless, she gave me a very good impression talking to her. She sounded really nice, caring and cute (sorta). In terms of texting ability, she was a number of steps above Ms K so you could really imagine how good she was at texting.

Anyways, we finally met on a Friday. We initially thought of meeting on a Saturday but she wanted to meet me a day earlier because she felt that it was better to meet me earlier lmao. So we met, and for once, unlike my previous dates which I wasn't that nervous or that scared, I did felt those emotions when I was with her. I felt butterflies in my stomach, stammered on the things that I say and even felt my hand shaking like never before.

We kept our date super simple. We ate chicken rice, yeah chicken rice and Gong Cha. It's as simple as that. I really love dates like this because its nothing too complicated, nothing too stunning and nothing too expensive. Just keep it simple but always keeping it real. Of course, that wasn't the end. We went to watch a movie before taking some time to just talk to each other without any distraction, just a heart-to-heart talk.

Thankfully, she enjoyed that date (or at least I think she did) and it became one of the most unforgettable memories of my life. To me, she is a blessing from heaven and I will always cherish it for the rest of my life.

Did we meet after this date? Heck yeah, we did. But what happens after that is a secret. :)


So yeah, that's it for this episode of the "A Page Of Me" series. I'm looking forward to writing more of these stories. I hope this post did help you relate back to your very first dates with someone. 

How was your date like? Was it like Ms A, or Ms J or like Ms RT? Was it anything fancy or was it just something simple? Let me know in the comments and perhaps share your experiences! :)

And hey, there are still people out there who think that online dating is weird/not proper/wrong etc. It's alright because everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But to me, it's not bad to date someone online, as long as you date the right person and before you know it, love will blossom before your very eyes, just like any other non-online date. As long as you are happy, who the heck cares? :)

Comments

  1. Thats a really in depth and well written post, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... what happened to the last girl? anticlimax :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... to know what happened, tune in to the next scheduled blogpost "Crossing the Cheating Line part 2" ;p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your views :)